Shirokane CPA Firm

New Documents for Exemption for Dependents on Japan Individual Income Tax

With respect to withholding at source for salary, to be paid on after January 1, 2016 or the year-end tax adjustment, You are required to submit the following documents in order to apply exemption for Abroad Dependents. 1. Applying for a Tax Exemption for Dependents If you have family supporting their life expense, you would be able to deduct some amount from your income on tax calculation. The new rule is for the exemption for dependents living abroad. Under income tax laws and regulations, the new rule has come into force since October 2015. Accordingly you are required to submit or present “Documents concerning relatives” and “Documents concerning remittances” for[…]